White Deer Twins on the Riverwalk

White Deer Twins on the Riverwalk
These rare white deer twins were born this summer and have found a safe home at Dan Daniel Park and on the Riverwalk
CLICK the large photo above to go to my web site.
CLICK the image of the DAILY photos to enlarge the pictures.
CLICK the photos to the right to go to the blog for that particular day.
My name is David Hoffman. I teach English and journalism at Averett University, but I have two side interests - writing and photography. I also enjoy walking daily with my English setter, Sadie, and my wife, Elizabeth, on the Danville, Virginia, Riverwalk. As a novice to studying nature, I am fascinated by the slightest facets of the great outdoors, but most of my pictures are of birds - I don't know a lot about them, but I am learning more and enjoying taking pictures of them daily. I also take pictures of plants, other animals, and insects. All pictures posted for each day were taken on the day of my blog entry.

Leave a comment if you have the time or e-mail me at dhoffman@averett.edu


CHECK OUT TIFFANY AND PATRIK'S WEDDING PICTURES (click picture below)

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BLACK AND WHITE WITH A TOUCH OF COLOR

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby." ~Langston Hughes

(APRIL 21, 2010) RAIN! Half-way on our walk this morning the silver liquid drop beat upon our heads, and Sadie, though a bird dog, is not too happy with the silver liquid. When we returned home, we were two wet puppies.

There were not many people on the Riverwalk this morning. We ran into Sadie's dog friend, Jody (a small white dog that, a couple of years ago, licked Sadie in the ear at their first meeting - I think at that moment Sadie fell in love for the first time) and Jerry who sometimes rides a bike and sometimes walks (today he was walking). There was also a fisherman on the shore near the dam at Dan Daniel Park.

The day, for the most part, was black/white/gray, but there were occasional touches of color. A cardinal in the tree displayed some faint red, not the brilliant red that usually accompanies this beautiful bird. A bluebird jumped in front of us, and the light caught his bright blue. And, a great blue heron was anchored on the shoreline and the, like a prehistoric bird, flew down the river.

Except for being kissed by the rain (actually more like heavily smothered), it was a wonderful morning on the Riverwalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment