White Deer Twins on the Riverwalk

White Deer Twins on the Riverwalk
These rare white deer twins were born this summer and have found a safe home at Dan Daniel Park and on the Riverwalk
CLICK the large photo above to go to my web site.
CLICK the image of the DAILY photos to enlarge the pictures.
CLICK the photos to the right to go to the blog for that particular day.
My name is David Hoffman. I teach English and journalism at Averett University, but I have two side interests - writing and photography. I also enjoy walking daily with my English setter, Sadie, and my wife, Elizabeth, on the Danville, Virginia, Riverwalk. As a novice to studying nature, I am fascinated by the slightest facets of the great outdoors, but most of my pictures are of birds - I don't know a lot about them, but I am learning more and enjoying taking pictures of them daily. I also take pictures of plants, other animals, and insects. All pictures posted for each day were taken on the day of my blog entry.

Leave a comment if you have the time or e-mail me at dhoffman@averett.edu


CHECK OUT TIFFANY AND PATRIK'S WEDDING PICTURES (click picture below)

Saturday, March 27, 2010

VULTURES

I had to go to Greensboro today for a workshop, so Sadie and I got to the Riverwalk for only about 20 minutes this morning. She accomplished what she had to accomplish, and then I got her back home at about 7:30 and took off for Greensboro.

This afternoon I took her to Angler's Park and saw these turkey vultures. Lovely wing-span, but rather ugly red-heads.

Things were quiet at Angler's Park until we started heading towards the parking lot. There was an official looking vehicle with two men in olive colored clothes. They were talking with a couple of men fishing on the banks of the Dan River, and I saw one of the official looking men writing a ticket - I guess for not having a fishing license. The two men in green then walked over to a man who had just taken his boat out of the water and browsed in the boat - I assume they were looking for fish, but they didn't find any and got into their truck and left.

Except for the fishermen, there were just a few others at Angler's Park. However, the peeper frogs were noisy and the mallards were as photogenic as always in the high grasses along the shore.

Again, it was another good day on the Riverwalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment