White Deer Twins on the Riverwalk

White Deer Twins on the Riverwalk
These rare white deer twins were born this summer and have found a safe home at Dan Daniel Park and on the Riverwalk
CLICK the large photo above to go to my web site.
CLICK the image of the DAILY photos to enlarge the pictures.
CLICK the photos to the right to go to the blog for that particular day.
My name is David Hoffman. I teach English and journalism at Averett University, but I have two side interests - writing and photography. I also enjoy walking daily with my English setter, Sadie, and my wife, Elizabeth, on the Danville, Virginia, Riverwalk. As a novice to studying nature, I am fascinated by the slightest facets of the great outdoors, but most of my pictures are of birds - I don't know a lot about them, but I am learning more and enjoying taking pictures of them daily. I also take pictures of plants, other animals, and insects. All pictures posted for each day were taken on the day of my blog entry.

Leave a comment if you have the time or e-mail me at dhoffman@averett.edu


CHECK OUT TIFFANY AND PATRIK'S WEDDING PICTURES (click picture below)

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

MISSED PHOTOS


What pictures did I miss this morning as the result of not being quick enough to point and shoot or because I had a dog on the leash who wanted to go in a different direction right at the moment I was focusing in on a bird or plant? Here is today's list:

1. Flock of Canada geese: The city worker was mowing the large field where the Canada geese hang out and caused them to fly right at me - wonderful photo op. However, I missed the shot because I was standing there holding a bag while Sadie was depositing that which was to be placed in the bag.

2. Mallard Couple: A pastoral photo of a mallard couple was interrupted when Sadie decided to take a step or two towards them. The mallards didn't bolt and fly away; they just walked into the woods.

3. Perfectly Lighted Daffodil: I was focused in on the lovely flower when all of a sudden a dog's paw (I won't mention who the owner of that paw is) landed squarely right on top of the flower turning it into a less than perfect plant.

4. Small Sparrows in a bush: (see #2 above).

Disappointed? Angry? Depressed?

Not at all. There will always be more geese, ducks, flowers and sparrows, but there is only one Sadie. That "once in a lifetime" shot will happen again; the time spent with Sadie on the Riverwalk is priceless.

It was another beautiful morning on the Riverwalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment