White Deer Twins on the Riverwalk

White Deer Twins on the Riverwalk
These rare white deer twins were born this summer and have found a safe home at Dan Daniel Park and on the Riverwalk
CLICK the large photo above to go to my web site.
CLICK the image of the DAILY photos to enlarge the pictures.
CLICK the photos to the right to go to the blog for that particular day.
My name is David Hoffman. I teach English and journalism at Averett University, but I have two side interests - writing and photography. I also enjoy walking daily with my English setter, Sadie, and my wife, Elizabeth, on the Danville, Virginia, Riverwalk. As a novice to studying nature, I am fascinated by the slightest facets of the great outdoors, but most of my pictures are of birds - I don't know a lot about them, but I am learning more and enjoying taking pictures of them daily. I also take pictures of plants, other animals, and insects. All pictures posted for each day were taken on the day of my blog entry.

Leave a comment if you have the time or e-mail me at dhoffman@averett.edu


CHECK OUT TIFFANY AND PATRIK'S WEDDING PICTURES (click picture below)

Friday, March 26, 2010

NO SADIE!!!!

(MARCH 26, 2010) My wife, Elizabeth, and I walked on the Riverwalk this morning alone. We were without Sadie.

Sadie had an 8:00 appointment at the spa where she went to get "prettified." She will get a bath, her nails trimmed, and her ears cleaned. She is going to look wonderful and smell better.

As we walked this morning we enjoyed just strolling, looking at nature and taking pictures. Of course, the major part of our conversation went something like this:

"Oh! Look at those geese. I'll bet Sadie would have enjoyed seeing them."

or

"Those geese usually fly when we come near. I guess that is because Sadie is not with us. I sure miss Sadie."

or

"Sadie would have enjoyed the morning cool air. Sure miss that dawg."

OK....we did talk about some other stuff, but I'll have to admit it sure was easier taking pictures without the dog on the leash. However, often when Sadie needs to stop to do what Sadie does, I see something that I had never seen before - a flower, a new bird, a bud on a tree. Occasionally I miss a shot because Sadie has a different agenda and pulls right when I've focused and am ready to take a shot; I don't mind - there will always be other pictures to take on the Riverwalk. There is always something new, and each trip down there brings forth a new adventure and new photo opportunities.

It was another great morning on the Riverwalk. But . . . we sure missed Sadie. I'll probably take her down there this afternoon - she'll like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment